Facility Index Testers (36 Posts) Jobs at MDH Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
Facility Index Testers (36 Posts) Jobs at MDH
MDH in collaboration with Muleba, Ngara, Misenyi, Karagwe, Bukoba, Muleba, Kyerwa and Biharamulo District Councils; Bukoba RRH, Biharamulo DDH, Ndolage, ST. Mary’s Isingiro, Izimbya, Nyakaiga, Kagondo, Mugana, Rulenge, Rubya, and Nyakahanga Hospitals together with Bukoba Municipal Council to apply for the following posts (NB: These positions are only for the current Subgrantee Staff and Volunteers working under MDH Kagera region Only).
|Facility Index Testers (36 Posts)
|Any of the Districts Council or Hospitals in Kagera region
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating awareness and education on the existence of HIV Testing Services (HTS) i.e. educating clients on all aspects of HIV diseases and treatment management as well as basic health lifestyles.
- Serving as liaison between clinicians/clinics, individuals screened and care centers.
- Providing counseling and testing while maintaining confidentiality and patient rights, provide psychosocial support and assist with referral and linkages.
- Assessing and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referral outcomes.Monitor the quality (QA/QC) of test kits by control materials/samples from laboratory department.
- Ensuring safe storage of HTS related items and to request/prepare all the necessary consumables for HTS services.
- Compiling and submit HTS reports on weekly, monthly and quarterly to HTS coordinators.Keeping accurate HTS and referral/linkage records (logbooks, registers, reports).
- Work with team member to monitor quality improvement plans with regards to the established performance targets/indicators.
- Ensuring HIV testing is performed according to the National HIV Testing algorithm.Participating fully in National EQA program for HIV rapid test.
- Performing any other duties that may be required by the clinical team.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
- At least a Diploma in Medicine, Nursing or other related health field.
- Must have a valid license of practice (Certificate for HIV testing is an added advantage).
- At least three (3) years’ experience in working in the community HIV Programs Ability to maintains confidentiality in all aspects.Ability to work both individually and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and Swahili.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates for any of the above positions should SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION LETTERS, CVs and COPIES OF THEIR CERTIFICATES TO MDH KAGERA OFFICE, KIBOKO STREET, PWANI AREA. APPLICATION DEADLINE – 22ND AUGUST 2023.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested