Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article, are you looking for Finance Assistant Jobs at Iom Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Dar es salaam and direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer (RMO) in Dar es salaam, in coordination with Senior Finance Assistant; the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks.
Finance Assistant Jobs at Iom
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties and tasks:
- Extract and input data from various sources in financial or accounting systems.
- Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data from staff in the unit and elsewhere.
- Assist in the preparation of the payroll by executing validity checks on monthly payroll results.
- Review all types of payments starting from purchase to payment requests verifying that they are duly authorized, and all the supporting documents are attached therewith.
- Create new Vendor Accounts in PRISM. Also, You can read more about the new job announcement announced from Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania about Finance officer positions
- Verify vendor requests for accuracy and conformance with IOM finance policies and instructions.
- Perform claim verification’s against documentation to ensure that purchases/services are properly authorized and that the goods have been received or services rendered.
- Prepare necessary receipts and journal vouchers.
- Assist in the preparation of budget, accounting, financial, statistical reports, and other reports as required.
- Provide assistance to all staff services such as travel, expense claims, document retrieval, etc.
- Ensure proper and systematic filling of all posted payments and other accounting documents according to the established standards.
- Responsible for the Petty Cash of the office; and.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finances, or related fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, E-mail, Outlook; previous experience in SAP is a distinct advantage.
- Discreet, details and clients-oriented, patient and willingness to learn new things; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multicultural setting is an advantage.
- Time management and planning for accounting cycles.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
- For this position, fluency in English and swahili are required (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of French or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies: Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
All application documents will be handled in accordance with IOM data protection policy. The selected candidate is required to commence the assignment as soon as the recruitment process completes.
The UN system in Tanzania provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, diversity, integrity, a healthy balance of work and life and equal opportunities for all, including persons with disability.
Female candidates and qualified persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for UN vacancies and are protected from discrimination during all stages of employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CVS and cover letter indicating Vacancy Number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: email@example.com
The vacancy is open for both internal and external Tanzanian nationals only. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
Posting period: From 24th August 2023 to 06th September-2023