Welcome to our website. In This Article, are you looking for Job Description for a Tax Accountant is someone who studies taxes for individuals and businesses. They are employed by companies, governments and individuals.
Job Description for a Tax Accountant
We’re looking for a Tax Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing tax returns for individuals and businesses, and will be able to work independently to meet deadlines.
Tax Accountant Duties
- Study, appraise, analyze, and resolve tax-related issues
- Research and apply tax laws to company, business, and individual situations
- Provide tax-related consultation to staff and clients
- Research and prepare tax forms
- Follow up with clients to obtain required tax documentation
- Work closely with tax manager to ensure tax-related issues and questions are resolved
Tax Accountant Responsibilities
- Manage operational taxes and structure profit plans to maintain or increase profit margins
- Review financial reports and balance sheets; identify and analyze trends
- Prepare and file state and local tax returns
- Solve tax problems, and collaborate with the accounting team
- Meet with state and federal agencies regarding audit and tax matters
Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration
- 2+ years tax accounting experience
- Proficient in Quick books, Excel, and Word
- Proficient in using tax software
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Good attention to detail and good organizational skills
The organization/company is committed to equal opportunity and building a diverse and inclusive team. People of all colors, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals, are encouraged to apply.