Welcome to our Website. In This Article, are you looking for Job Description for Staff Accountant is an individual accountant who reports to a senior accountant or chief financial officer. They often assist with financial forecasting, budgeting, and financial reporting.
The staff accountant job description template provides a clear summary of the role’s major criteria, duties, responsibilities, and competencies. It is optimized for publishing on internet job boards or jobs pages and is simple to personalize for your firm.
Job Description for Staff Accountant
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting the accounting and finance function by performing various accounting and finance tasks. If you are a detail-oriented professional with experience in accounting and finance, we want you!
- Prepare and maintain accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Maintain accounting records, including sales & use taxes, payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Prepare income tax returns
- Provide support with budgeting, financial planning, projections, and other financial analyses
- Prepare payroll, distribute payroll and benefit checks, and reconcile payroll for accuracy
- Manage inventories, including ordering, receiving, and issuing
- Monitor cash flow and report financial status to the management team
- Prepare and review financial reports, payroll, taxes, and other accounting functions
- Assist with general accounting functions, including accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, and bank reconciliations
- Maintain and update accounting records, and file all paperwork appropriately
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and operating forecasts
- Maintain and update all federal and state tax requirements, including quarterly estimated tax payments, filing all required forms, and completing all tax filings
- Assist with internal record keeping requirements
- Perform other tasks as needed
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school
- 2+ years’ working experience in accounts or accounting
- Strong analytical skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
We value diversity and inclusion in the workplace at our company or institution. We welcome applications from persons of all origins, ethnicity, faiths, nations, genders, and ages. We are especially devoted to assembling a team comprised of veterans and people with disabilities.