Welcome to our website. In This Article, are you looking for Job Description for Tax Associate is a person who works or has worked for the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Tax associates are typically supervised by a CPA or tax attorney. A tax associate provides assistance to audit teams or tax examiners.
Job Description for Tax Associate
Tax associates review tax returns for accuracy. They perform research to determine the validity of returns and clarify questions with taxpayers. Tax associates also prepare tax returns. Tax associates perform administrative duties such as inventorying records, updating client information, and entering data into accounting software.
A tax associate may be assigned to a specific taxpayer.
We’re looking for a Tax Associate who can help us with our tax returns. The ideal candidate will have experience preparing tax returns for individuals and businesses, and will be able to work with us to ensure that our taxes are filed correctly.
- Tax Associate Duties:
- Prepare and file Federal and State returns, including Forms 1065, 1120-SE, and 1120-PF
- Prepare and file federal, state, and local payroll returns
- Prepare and file quarterly and annual state unemployment tax returns
- Prepare and file sales/use tax returns
- Prepare and file Form 1099-MISC
- Prepare and file Form W-2, Forms 1042-S, Forms 5498, and Forms 6251
- Prepare and file Forms 1120, 1065, 1120-SE, and 1120-PF
- Research and select tax strategies
- Prepare tax projections
- Create, maintain, and update client database
- Prepare tax returns using external software
- Research and resolve tax discrepancies
Tax Associate Responsibilities:
- Prepare tax compliance returns, including federal and state tax returns, franchise tax, and state sales tax
- Validate disclosures prepared by others
- Research, analyze, and resolve complex tax issues
- Prepare and review complex tax returns
- Attend conferences to update knowledge and stay abreast of changes
- Reconcile client and company information, including invoices, bills, and other accounting records
- Report to the Tax Director on status of projects
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business-related field
- 2+ years experience in tax-related field
- Knowledge of the federal tax code
- Knowledge and experience preparing corporate income tax returns
- Knowledge and experience preparing individual tax returns, including W-2â€™s, 1099â€™s
The organization or institution is happy to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are vital to our success. We are committed to establishing a team that matches our values and welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions.