Are you looking for Uba Careers Intenal Control Officer Job/Vacancies new opportunities open an account exchange rate ATM Branch location wakala foundation careers. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
UBA is one of the leading and most recognised banks to originate from sub-Saharan Africa. UBA has growing operations in 20 African countries, the UK, USA, UAE and a representative office in France.
Uba Careers Intenal Control Officer Job/Vacancies
- Post-disbursement and Continuous review of availed credits to ensure proper approval and operation in line with credit approval.
- Verification of collateral security and confirmation of invoices for IDF. Ensure complete and accurate recognition of all fees and charges on every credit facility.
- Review of unauthorized Overdraft, TOD and other credit reports to ensure compliance with the bank’s credit policy.
- Review of treasury/Investment transactions for proper booking and compliance with approved interest rate band. Review of Fixed Asset Register Review of Finacle users’ profile.
- Daily review of outward and inward clearing activities and returned cheques. Investigation of all Income reversal requests and ensure compliance with approval authority limits.
- Ensure total income leakage detection and recovery.
- Initiates the process of investigation into unusual occurrences in the business office.
- Ensure Cleanliness and Integrity of all Internal/GL accounts at the Business Offices under coverage through review of proof of accounts
- Tracking of Regulatory Requirements (i.e. Functional Rate Board; Statement of Affairs per BOT Regulations; Bank’s Signage; Annual Accounts and Certificate of Incorporation during visit to branches by way of Spot Checks.
- Rendition of Weekly Exception Reports to the Country Head of Audit and Control
- First level Investigation of all Customer Complaints, fraud and staff disciplinary cases and ensure that relevant Disciplinary Committee Meeting is held thereon
- Custody, proper safe keeping and archiving of Transaction Tickets
- Any other adhoc assignment assigned by Director, Group Internal Control / Country Head of Audit & Control.
- Build strong compliance environment to ensure zero level of policy, regulatory and statutory infraction;
- Provide compliance counseling, advisory and decision support services to business units and strategic resource functions;
- Quality training and sensitization of all staff on policy issues; zero tolerance for income leakages.
- Perform audit activities in line with the overall business goals and objectives
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review of system exception override message report.
- Call over of Transactions as per the approved threshold.
- Review of GL/P&L Movement Report.
- Conduct Seriality checks /test on Managers Cheque/Bank draft in all business offices under coverage.
- Review of Suspense/Transit/Proxy Accounts.
- Review of expense and cash advances and ensure conformity with laid-down policies.
- Review of PIN mailers and ATM cards administration process and custody. Carrying out spot checks and review of activities in the business offices under coverage, cash count and vault administration, funds transfer, Clearing processes and returned cheques, etc, ensuring adherence to policies and procedures.
- Carrying out security sweeps at least once in a month.
- Review of new current, savings and deposit accounts to ensure compliance with KYC Policy.
- Daily review of accounts closure and transfers.
- Take part in the assessment and expression of opinion on the adequacy of controls and evaluation of the operational processes
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Control Adequacy rating from Internal Audit [not less than 70%].
- Quantum of undetected regulatory/statutory infractions from External Auditor and Regulators’ reports.
- Quality and Timeliness of losses and loss events reporting in processing areas
- Undetected Income leakage/P&L reversal arising from undetected processing
- Integrity of the GL accounts in the Business offices of the region.
- Promptness, Accuracy and Validity of Exception Reporting/Rendition of all Control Activity Reports
- Effectiveness at follow up to ensure that Internal Audit recommendations are implemented.
- B. Sc Degree or its equivalent in Accounting or related field at a level not below Second Class Lower from a recognized university.
- Relevant professional certification e.g. CPA
- Minimum of 3 years banking experience; minimum of 5 year non-banking but related experience.
- UBA Organization
- Core Business Processes
- Data Gathering and Analysis
- Regulatory compliance
- Industry Knowledge
- Banking Operations
- Internal Control/Audit Product/Service Knowledge Business Risk Management Credit Analysis Accounting and Tax
- Decision Making Managing Work
- Facilitation/Knowledge Sharing Professionalism/ Interpersonal Relationship
- Career Development
- Systemic/logical thinking/Innovation Communication/ Investigation Report writing
- Problem Solving Orientation Multitasking
- Time Management/Priotization
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY.
Qualified candidates MUST send their CV & Cover Letter attached with all academic certificates.
All applications MUST be sent electronically through
Email subject line should read : Application for INTERNAL CONTROL OFFICER: OCT, 2023.
Kindly note that,
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!