Are you looking for Mzumbe University, ICT Specialist Jobs Vacancies nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new jobs opportunities walioitwa usaili call for interview work waliopata mkopo heslb loan careers recruitment portal news. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
The Centre of Excellence in Health Monitoring and Evaluation (COEHME) housed in the School of Public Administration and Management (SOPAM) at Mzumbe University was established in 2015. The aim of COEHME is to coordinate and implement health monitoring and evaluation activities; including provision of technical assistance in implementation of science research; health data systems generation,dissemination and use data to contribute to health systems strengthening.
In September, 2020, the COEHME was awarded a grant by the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to Provide Technical Assistance to the Government of Tanzania and Public Health Institutions towards Sustained Health Systems Strengthening.
This project is being implemented in collaboration with and to support the Ministry of Health, the Tanzania Commission for AIDS, the President’s Office – Regional Administration and Local Government, and the Ministry of Finance and Planning. The COEHME is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic, and qualified candidate to immediately fill the position listed below.
JOB TITLE: ICT Specialist (1 POST):
Duty Station: MoH Centre for Distance Education (CDE) with frequent travels at the Centre of Excellence in Health Monitoring and Evaluation at Mzumbe University, Morogoro.
Reports to: Project Technical Lead (PTA).
The ICT Specialist will be responsible for leading the Tanzania National Digital Health Strategy 2019-2024 and interventions with a primary focus on the effective implementation of Project ECHO and National eLearning activities. The ICT specialist will be responsible for business process analysis, requirements development, and software implementation. S/he will focus on system refinement, user support, enhanced interoperability between systems, and institutionalization/handover to the Government of Tanzania.
She/he will be responsible for the management of Project ECHO-related activities throughout
the country, including the establishment of a centralized data system for iECHO data and continuous monitoring and quality improvement of the iECHO system. The ICT Specialist will also support the Centre for Distance Education (CDE) in IT activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the project and its counterparts regarding digital and information systems activities
- Conduct information communication and technology assessments analyses reviews and audits to assess ways to continually adapt program strategies to address online training constraints and barriers and improve project outcomes
- Provide technical assistance for the enhancement of systems and national capacity to collect, analyze and use health-related data for effective program management
- Identify the best information technology (IT) solutions on the market to address the project and GoT needs and support cost analysis of alternative information and communication technology (ICT) solutions
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting of ECHO Equipment in ECHO Hubs and spokes
- Support the deployment of learning programs including uploading and updating curricular, and training assignments in the eLearning platforms.
- Work with Instructional Designers, and programmers to support eLearning contentdevelopment.
- Work with the monitoring and evaluation team to feed information for project reporting.
- Facilitate live and recorded project ECHO and eLearning activities
- Review National e-Learning Platform for Health, & Human Resources Health Information System and present ideas for system improvements to ensure strong functionality and optimization.
- Work with the software development team to conduct root cause analysis of issues, review newand existing code and/or perform unit testing.
- Responsible for the design and development of advanced software programs and mobile- based applications (Android and Windows platforms) when the need arises.
- Creating innovative solutions to meet the Project needs.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Health Information System
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Experience with a Learning Management System as a developer or administrator.
- Experience with audio and video editing
- Experience: 3+ years in information technology
- Strong Programming experience and extensive knowledge of Java and the Android SDK
- Working knowledge of the current Microsoft Windows Desktop, Server, and Network OperatingSystems.
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to both work independently and work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders, as well as the ability to work effectively over zoom and other virtual communication platforms.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Application letters accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a passport size photograph and signed by the applicant; and copies of relevant certificates and transcripts should be sent to the Centre of Excellence in Health Monitoring and Evaluation (COEHME) by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com not later than 18th October 2023. Applicants must provide the contact addresses as well as telephone numbers of two academic or professional referees best known to them. No late applications will be considered.
Please note the following:
- Applicants to the positions must be Tanzanians.
- The advertised positions require excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English language.
- Academic certificates obtained from foreign universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants should indicate the positions they are applying for in their application letters.
- Applicants should also present/submit a copy of National Identification Number (NIDA).
The “Mzumbe University, ICT Specialist Jobs Vacancies” Only successful candidates will be contacted through their contact details indicated in the application letters.