Are you looking for National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR), Assistant Nursing Officer Jobs Vacancies ’12 Posts’ nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities careers ajiraportal recruitment call for work usaili interview. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
The National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) is a Parastatal Organization established by an Act of Parliament No. 23 of 1979 (CAP.59, R.E.2002) and became operational in 1980. NIMR-Mwanza Research Centre is one of the NIMR Centers located in Mwanza region.
National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR)
The Centre is currently conducting research on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, non-communicable diseases (NCDs) as well as other diseases of public health importance. The National Institute for Medical Research is looking for the qualified, experienced and well-motivated personnel to fill various positions into different projects at NIMR Mwanza Centre.
BRIGHT-SAM RESEARCH PROJECT
The Institute is collaborating with Rigshospitalet (Danish National Hospital), London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and University of Liverpool to conduct a clinical trial to test the effects of novel Ready to Use Therapeutic Foods (RUTF) and a program of psychosocial stimulation on cognitive and nutritional outcomes among malnourished children in Mwanza region. Therefore, the Institute is inviting applications from motivated and suitably qualified Tanzanian candidates to fill the following positions.
|Assistant Nursing Officer (12 posts)
|Project Principal Investigator
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To do phlebotomy for laboratory for various tests;
- To do clinical examinations, blood pressure measurements of recruited children;
- To do anthropometric measurements among recruited children;
- To assist in doing nutritional screening for malnourished children in communities served by a recruitment hospital/ health Centre;
- To administer data collection tools using electronic devices; and
- To perform any other study-related duty as may be advised by supervisor
QUALIFICATION AND COMPETENCE
- A Diploma-level training in nursing from recognized training institution and holding a practicing license;
- At least two or more years work experience in nursing or clinical research;
- Experience in drawing blood for investigations from children below five years of age;
- Experience in conducting anthropometric measurements in children including screening for Severe Acute Malnutrition;
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in Kiswahili and English;
- Computer literacy; and
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP) training
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Application letters should be written in English;
- Applicants must attach certified copies of Birth certificate, academic certificates and other awards;
- Application letters should be attached with curriculum vitae which includes not less than two relevant referees’ contacts;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; and
v. Closing date for applications will be 14 days after the first appearance of this advertisement
A daytime mobile telephone number and e-mail contact details should be included in the application
The “NIMR Assistant Nursing Officer” All applications should be addressed to:
Centre Manager, National Institute for Medical Research (NIMR) Mwanza Centre, P.O.BOX 1462, Mwanza. Or through email: email@example.com