Are you looking for Embassy of Tanzania in Belgium (OACPS), Internal Auditor Jobs Vacancies November, 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities careers kuitwa kazini usaili call for work interview shortlisted candidates Europass. Welcome to our Website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
The Embassy of Tanzania in Belgium would like to inform about the existence of employment opportunities in the Association of African and Pacific States (OACPS) headquartered in Brussels, Belgium of which Tanzania is a Member State
Post Title: Internal Auditor
Office: Office of the Secretary General
Supervisor: Office of the Secretary General
Duty Station: OACPS Secretariat, Brussels ,Belgium
Posting period: 10 October,2023 to 9 November, 2023
Post Number: ACP/06/10/23/AFHR/HR/RNT
No. of Vacancies: 1
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of the Office of the Secretary-General (SG), the Internal Auditor provides advisory services to the Secretary-General and the Audit and Budget Committee of the OACPS Committee of Ambassadors.
The Internal Auditor adopts a systematic approach focused on organizing internal audit activities and their functions, consistent with the rules and regulations of the OACPS Secretariat and in line with Internal Audit Professional Standards and Frameworks, particularly with the OACPS Internal Audit Charter.
In this regard, the Internal Auditor adds value and improve operations by providing independent assurances about the effectiveness of risk management, governance, and internal control processes at the OACPS Secretariat.
The Internal Auditor is responsible for drafting and implementing an annual internal audit plan. The plan acts as a support to operational services by identifying and assessing risks as they relate to operational activities, and to overcome these risks and create added value or at the very least, prevent a loss of value.
The Internal Auditor may also be requested to conduct specific assignments outside the annual internal audit plan on the request of the SG and/or Audit and Budget Committee.
The Internal Auditor serves as the Secretary to the Audit and Budget Committee of the OACPS Committee of Ambassadors. She/he is also responsible for producing reports of internal audits, which are transmitted via the Audit and Budget Committee to the OACPS Committee of Ambassadors.
Functions / Key Results Expected
- The Internal Auditor assesses the overall internal operations of the OACPS Secretariat, which includes evaluating systems, processes, controls and people.
- Review the extent of compliance to established policies, rules, regulations, plans and procedures.
- Examine whether the system of internal controls, are adequate for archiving management objectives in an efficient and orderly manner and whether the stablished procedures are being properly followed.
- Identify and report to Secretary-General actual or potential weaknesses in control where its exits and make appropriate recommendations to remedy them.
- Recommend ways of improving the organization’s operations based upon findings from an impartial and objectives examination.
- Develop and discuss findings, agree on recommendation and timelines for corrective action with responsible officer and draft audit report based on the IIA standards.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned.
- The Internal Auditor evaluates the governance system, particularly the ethical practices.
- Compile and regularly update a Risk Register.
- The Internal Auditor evaluates the risk management system, particularly the implementation of programmes and projects financed by the EDF, the European Commission and other external partners.
Impact of Results
The key results expected have an impact on the functioning quality of the various Departments and services. Furthermore, the impact is to improve the risk management, control and governance systems with a view to achieve the overall objectives of the OACPS Secretariat.
- Management experience, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to organize and
- motivate others, and to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent Reporting Writing Skills
- Good Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills
- High level of professional Ethics and Integrity.
Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting from a recognized University. A professional qualification such as CIA, CPA, ACCA, or CIMA is a must for this position.
Candidate must have at least 15 years relevant working experience in Auditing, especially in international development cooperation sector or at an intergovernmental/international organisation.
- Experience in public sector auditing is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in auditing in the Enterprise
- Resource Planning (ERP) Environment and using specialized audit software such as ACL, IDEA and Teammates. continental and/or international perspective.
Good command of English or French. Knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish would be an added advantage.
Candidates for the post must be nationals of Member States from the African, Caribbean and Pacific Regions and must therefore attach a copy of their valid passport for proof of nationality. Applications from non-OACPS nationals will not be considered.
Staff Members of the OACPS are subject to the authority of and duties assigned by the Secretary General and will discharge their functions under conditions established by the Secretary General.
All employment decisions are made on the suitability of the candidate and the needs of the OACPS. Due regard will be paid to the importance of recruiting staff on as wide a geographical basis as possible.
The appointment to this position is for an initial period of 3 years and renewal thereof is subject to the needs of the OACPS and availability of the post or funds.
Embassy of Tanzania in Belgium (OACPS) Internal Auditor Applications for this post should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and must reach the Secretariat by midnight of the 9th November, 2023.
Applications must be accompanied by an updated curriculum vitae. Applications in another format will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further evaluation.
Applicants must provide copies of degrees, diplomas, certificates and any other documents attesting to their competence and professional experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and those under serious consideration will be subject to reference checks.
|Secretariat General (OSG)