Are you looking for MDH: November (12 Posts) General Service Driver Jobs Vacancies nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities careers shortlisted candidates ajiraportal recruitment call for work usaili interview. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large.
These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening.
MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others.
MDH secured an award to implement and oversee a Three (3) year Global Fund Project from 2024 to 2026. The Project is aiming to tackle systemic obstacles that hinder progress in achieving better outcomes for HIV, Tuberculosis, and Malaria while simultaneously striving for equity, sustainability, and enduring impact. In line with this endeavor, MDH, as Prime for Global Fund Project, is in search of qualified individuals to fill the following job vacancies.
Job Title: General Service Driver (12 Posts)
Reports to: Project Administration Officer
Location: Dar Es Salaam
The General Service Driver will perform duties of driving Project vehicle to assure safe transportation of authorised personnel from various destinations as officially requested. S/he has to make sure all passengers assisted on entry and exit as needed. S/he will be required to keep travel records of the vehicle, will request passenger to fasten seat belt before start of any journey for their safety purposes.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- Follow and abide by the traffic rules, regulations, driver safety manual and any other instructions given by Supervisor or management.
- Providing periodic usage report of vehicle including total mileage, fuel consumption and expenditure.
- Ensure the filling of log book for each travel allocated for the Project staffs both in local and outstation travel.
- Ensure staffs are well supported for transport from office to the field office.
- Handle transport of all staff, visitor and equipment/materials.
- Maintain vehicles including fuel, lubrication, and oil, interior and exterior.
- Prepare mileage and fuel consumption.
- Report and supervise all maintenance and repair needs of assigned vehicle.
- Maintain vehicle first aid box, communication equipment and fire extinguisher and protect the vehicle while at outside office premises.
- Help in loading and unloading of official materials
- Completion of all reporting in line with MDH requirements
- Work after duty hours or on holidays as and when required as per Project needs and supervisor instructions.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills:
- Clean Driving History and Promising Driving record.
- Certificate of Advanced Driving Course from NIT or VETA.
- Clean Class C Driving License.
- Certificate of Secondary Education or Driving Certificate from a Reputable Driving College.
- At Least Three (3) years of work experience as a driver, with International Organizations or Local NGO.
- Excellent driving skills, including a strong understanding of traffic laws, defensive driving techniques, and the ability to operate the vehicles safely.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance and the ability to perform routine checks (e.g., oil changes, tire rotations) can be valuable.
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to adapt to different weather conditions, traffic situations, and road environments is important.
- Aware of and follow all safety regulations and protocols.
- The ability to handle unexpected situations or emergencies on the road is important.
- Flexibility and ability to work with different people.
- Good Oral communication ability in both Swahili and English
MDH General Service Driver Jobs Vacancies November (12 Posts) To apply for this job please visit recruitment.mdh.or.tz Websie
Submit your application before 10th November 2023.