Are you looking for Project Officer Jobs at Six Rivers Africa (SRA) – November 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities careers call for work recruitment portal how to apply location available vacancies email contact details. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at Six Rivers Africa (SRA).
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: PROJECT OFFICER
Six Rivers Africa (SRA) is a non-profit organization with a mission to protect, restore and preserve wilderness areas, and increase the wildlife population, so that the flora and fauna can be enjoyed for generations to come.
Six Rivers Africa is recruiting two Project Officers for a Community Project aimed at improving Human Wildlife Co-Existence in villages adjacent to national parks. One Project Officer will be based at Mbarali District in Mbeya, and another at Ifakara Town Council in Morogoro. The project aims to reduce degradation of natural resources, wildlife habitat, and biodiversity by ensuring conservation of parks ecosystems and to equip communities, including the most vulnerable households, with knowledge and skills required to adopt sustainable livelihoods practices.
Project Officer will be responsible for implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on project activities in the designated communities and schools. The incumbents will report to the Impact Manager. The role holders will work in collaboration with government, and other key project stakeholders to achieve the overall project objectives.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementation of all project activities related to community development, including budgeting, planning, implementation, management, monitoring, and reporting in the fields.
- Ensure the long-term impact of project interventions through timely and quality delivery of project outputs and outcomes.
- Assist in the identification of indicators to monitor and evaluate the socio-economic benefits of livelihoods activities.
- Responsible for developing project performance reports, success stories and documentation of the best practices and lessons learnt.
- Organize and conduct community and school eco-friendly interventions.
- Preparing and updating the project activities plan, including cost control and budget compliance.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance on implementation of conservation compatible livelihood activities of the project.
- In collaboration with local leaders organize community saving groups Formulate community based IGAs which will benefit women and youth.
- Work with school head teachers in project sites to design and implement school-based interventions such as eco clubs, WASH and infrastructure refurbishment.
- Closely collaborating with other relevant like-minded organizations working on wildlife conservation and community development projects in respective project areas.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process by providing inputs, concepts and ideas as the entry points for concept notes and project formulation.
- Assist in the preparation of and represent SRA at community and local government level events and meetings.
- Carry out other relevant tasks on request and agreement with the line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in environmental sciences, Community/Rural Development/, economics or related courses, with at least 3 years’ experience in wildlife /environmental conservation, Livelihoods, agricultural extension services or rural development
- Experience implementing community development programs, especially in rural communities, with a food security and livelihoods component (agriculture, savings and loan groups, etc.).
- Experience implementing conservation projects will be an added advantage.
- Good written and spoken English; including documentation and report-writing skills.
- Experience in working with Government, NGOs, civil society organizations, etc., is an added advantage.
- Experience designing community projects.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; able to engage positively with people at all levels.
- Good training/facilitation skills.
- Good skills in computer e.g. MS Word, MS Power Point and Excel.
- Experience developing activity budgets.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and resourceful, proactive in identifying and addressing challenges, yet consulting and asking for assistance as needed/relevant.
- Ability and willingness to be based in remote communities.
- Willing to commit to Six Rivers Africa’s values and principles.
Project Officer Jobs at Six Rivers Africa (SRA) – November 2023 Interested candidates should send their application letters, CV and any other supporting documents (reference letters if available) to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is 30th November 2023. Find more about Latest Vacancies in Tanzania at orodha ya group on Telegram