Are you looking for Senior Technical Lead Jobs at IREX – November 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities careers available vacancies usaili contact email address call for work interview shortlisted candidates. Welcome to out website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at IREX.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Senior Technical Lead for Media candidates to support the FCDO-funded Wajibika Program in Tanzania. This project will aim to foster a more open, inclusive society in Tanzania where government, civil society, and media find innovative solutions to better meet the needs of citizens. Wajibika will deliver this impact via three strategic outcomes to support.
- effective civic space and inclusive political processes,
- media freedom and access to information, and
- Government of Tanzania knowledge, will, and capacity for public service reforms. Based in Dar es Salaam, the Senior Technical Lead for Media will lead all activities under Outcome 2 of the project.
Only citizens of Tanzania or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities.
- Collaborate effectively with the Wajibika team to support implementation, learning, and program adaptation.
- Lead all activities and partnerships under Outcome 2 of the project, including efforts to strengthen advocacy capacity of key media organization; improve use of the digital space to promote access to factual information; and support media sector sustainability.
- Engage and build a strategic partnership with the Office of The Director of Information, TCRA and other agencies mandated to regulate the media sector.
- Lead a sustainable approach to building media capacity, increasing both the quality and quantity of investigative and public interest journalism.
- Design, conduct and oversee research, data analysis, and writing of a media landscape assessment report.
- Regularly assess the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats facing media outlets, journalists/other content creators, and media support organizations in Tanzania through personal communications, regular observation, and design and review of applicable research with a particular focus on digital media.
- Work closely with project partners and grantees; design, organize, and lead relevant trainings, consultations, pitch sessions, and other support programs for media professionals, content creators, and media support organizations.
- Cultivate a network of experts in various aspects of journalism, media business and management, media literacy, and related spheres to serve as additional trainers, mentors, and speakers.
- Perform regular reporting on the results and impact of program support. Responsible for the development of progress reports, workplans, presentations, fact sheets, donor reports, and other explanatory and communications materials.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications.
- Tanzania citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience, including experience working on donor funded projects in a technical or managerial capacity, or equivalent professional experience.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- The Senior Technical Lead for Media should have a background in journalism (preferred), public relations, and/or communications, and the knowledge and skills required to analyze trends and recognize opportunities for expanding citizen access to quality information within the media ecosystem.
- Strong knowledge of Tanzania’s media landscape and networks of media actors, including media organizations and journalists.
- Excellent communication and strong writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others and problem-solve in a multicultural, remote work environment.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, reliability, and good time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and analytical skills required.
- Must have proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, including social media.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required.
|Experience in Months
|Level of Education
Job application procedure
Senior Technical Lead Jobs at IREX Interested and Qualified, Apply for this Job