Are you looking for 100 Agriculture Officer Jobs at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) December 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya sua new job opportunities careers recruitment portal how to apply application call for work usaili interview shortlisted candidates. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA).
Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA)
The Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) collaborates with the Ministry of Agriculture in the implementation of the program to involve young people in agriculture called Jenga Kesho Ilyo bora (Building a Better tomorrow- BBT). BBT is implemented through various strategies and projects in the value chain of crops and some of its goals are to increase employment for 20,000 youth and women through skills development activities (internship), to establish 12,000 economic activities at the village level as well as the cultivation of large farms (Block farms) by 2030.
As part of the strategy to strengthen extension services in this country, the Ministry of Agriculture has also planned to implement a special program for extension services through young graduates (BBT Agricultural Extension Entrepreneurship Scheme- BBT AEES). Through BBT-AEES, 200 positions need to be filled by graduates of agricultural fields to provide extension services in the cotton crop in the order of temporary employment as follows:-
|Agriculture Officer Afisa kilimo (100 Vacancies)
Key responsibilities include:
A) Provide expert advice to farmers and other stakeholders in the value chain of the cotton crop by doing the following:
- To provide education on good cotton farming to farmers from preparing the field, harvesting to storage in the barn
- Providing education and managing the quality of cotton from the farm to the barn
- To monitor and ensure that farmers comply with the principles of good cotton cultivation
- Prepare and provide weekly information about the progress of agriculture in the relevant area
- Prepare input requirements for farmers and submit them to the relevant authorities
- To manage and ensure that the inputs sent to the relevant area reach the farmers fully
b) To register farmers and other stakeholders including input service providers in their area on the existing digital system
c) Provide training and establish farmer groups and manage them
d) Establish model farms and farm classes in the work area
e) To identify the agricultural sector stakeholders present in the work area and connect them with farmers to get the services they provide
f) To ensure that each farmer has a notebook that will be used to fill in the services provided by various stakeholders
g) To collect, prepare and process production data in its area using the data collection system (Agricultural Routine Data System (ARDS)
h) To manage the use of the digital system of extension services and
i) Giving advice on other crops grown by the farmers of the village he manages.
For this position the applicant must have the following qualifications:
- Let him be an honest Tanzanian, who is self-motivated and has good relations with others
- Must have a degree in the field of agricultural science, or crop production from a university recognized by the government
- He should not be employed or fired in the public service iv. He has never been imprisoned for any criminal offence
- Be ready to work in various rural areas
- Be able to work well without supervision
- Be willing to work on a temporary contract and be paid a monthly allowance as specified in the contract
- He should be at least 18 years old and not more than 40 years old
- Be ready to sign a contract of agreement with performance criteria for the season in question
- Work experience in a cotton crop or participation in training to develop skills (internship) inside or outside the country are additional qualifications.
How to apply
All applications must be accompanied by
- shadows of birth certificates, NIDA, certificates of secondary education and professional training colleges.
- Two recent passport size photographs of the applicant
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant with complete address, telephone contact, e-mail and addresses of three reliable referees
All applications should be sent to the Department of Agriculture of the Sokoine University of Agriculture via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the head of the Department of Soil Sciences and Geology email@example.com. Applicants are advised to send their application via email although they can also bring the application (hard copy) directly to the Rasi wa Ndaki agriculture office- SUA.
100 Agriculture Officer Jobs at Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA) December 2023 All applications must reach us on or before December 15, 2023.
For more information or questions about this announcement please call us through the following numbers: +255 657 796 719
+255 682, 308 890. Official SUA website is https://www.sua.ac.tz/