Are you looking for Country Director Jobs, at Americares For ‘December 2023’ nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities in Tanzania careers recruitment portal call for work usaili interview contact email address how to apply shortlisted candidates. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at Americares.
|Country Director, Tanzania
|Thursday, December 07 2023
|Deadline of this Job
|Thursday, December 21 2023
Also Read: NECTA Matokeo Darasa la nne 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manage administrative and operational lines of business to ensure proper program implementation in a manner compliant with Tanzanian law, Americares policies and procedures, and donor rules and regulations
- Analyze, anticipate, and address administrative, funding, and operational gaps in program implementation
- Oversee effective training, design, implementation, evaluation, compliance, and operations of programs
- Develop and maintain partnerships that deepen and widen program impact
- Collaborate with HQ teams to integrate local implementation of global programmatic best practices and organizational standards, while also informing global teams of local best practices and designs
- Ensure safeguarding, protection, and DEI in program design, implementation, and evaluation.
Finance and Resource Management.
- Overall responsibility for fiscal soundness of country operation and maintenance of effective internal controls, including but not limited to effective cash management and oversight of financial reporting and budgeting
- Ensure Americares Tanzania compliance with HQ and local financial guidelines and requirements, including timely financial reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership for efficiencies, accountability, and ethical stewardship of organizational funds, procurement, asset, and resource management.
- Manage full Tanzania team, including directly supervising key leadership roles
- Model organizational code of conduct and values with all employees and stakeholders
- Provide leadership, actively promote intentional culture, and mentor all Americares Tanzania staff members to work collaboratively and inclusively
- Partner with HQ People and Talent and with local HR team to implement equity and people operations procedures that align with local and global regulations and best practices
- Oversee employee and overall team performance and annual performance review process
- Ensure systems for updating staff handbook and organizational protocols are compliant and timely
- Lead diversity, equity, and inclusion practices and systems with employees, including dedicating staff time and resources to the DEI Council, employee resource groups, and other staff led DEI initiatives
- Lead the entire employee life cycle vision and strategy with local HR and aligned with global Americares People and Talent standards.
Communications and New Business Development.
- Lead Americares Tanzania external communication and marketing strategy in coordination with HQ Marketing and Communication standards and practices
- Represent the organization at conferences, coordination meetings, working groups, public events and with the press
- Provide content from the Americares Tanzania team’s programmatic work
- Complete internal and external reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Collaborate with Americares HQ teams in identifying, securing, and maintaining diverse sources of funding for Americares Tanzania.
Legal and Compliance.
- Serve as legal representative for Americares Tanzania – executing all corresponding communications and functions in an effective, professional, and timely manner
- Serve as official representative of Americares Tanzania in all government, legal, and community affairs
- Report to Americares Tanzania Board with accuracy, ethics, and accountability
- Ensure compliance with all laws and regulations to maintain local country registration and employer status
- Partner with HQ Legal Department and other relevant HQ team members to proactively address, plan for, and mitigate employment, operational, fundraising, programmatic, contractual, and other potential legal compliance and risk matters.
Security, Health and Safety
- Update, adapt, implement, and ensure full adherence of all Americares Tanzania staff to global and local safety and security policies, including OSHA
- Partner with HQ Safety and Security to plan for, monitor, implement, coordinate, and mitigate risks while enhancing systems and procedures that promote healthy, safe, and compliant work environments (in the office and in the field)
These competencies/qualifications are required for the role:
- Postgraduate degree in business administration, public administration, public health, medicine or related field
- Demonstrated success in program and operational management at an executive level, including but not limited to: program design and implementation, human resources, budgets and financial reporting, organizational governance, compliance and risk, logistics and procurement, communications/marketing, safety and security, workplans, and monitoring and evaluation
- Deep knowledge of the latest developments and best practices for health equity and health system strengthening organizations
- Effective resource and donor stewardship with government and private funds
- Excellent people management and leadership competencies
- Commitment to and prior experience in leading diversity, equity, and inclusion as an executive organizational leader
- Equitable, ethical, and effective decision-making and judgement
- Executive level competencies in written and verbal communication (with public relations, donors, partners, community leaders, government officials, employees, and other stakeholders)
- Fluency in Swahili and English
- Proficiency in Office 365 including Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed (up to 25% of time)
- Our global/local model employs Tanzanian nationals for this location.
Competencies that are highly desirable but not required:
- Leadership of USAID projects and funds in Tanzania
- Experience overseeing RMNCH, WASH, and related health focus areas
- Fluency in additional Tanzanian languages.
Additionally, our core competencies as an organization are:
- Ownership and results
- Problem solving
- Equity and inclusion
- Teamwork and conflict resolution
- Strategy and planning
- Decision making.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months:
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree.
Job application procedure.
Country Director Jobs, at Americares For ‘December 2023’ Interested and qualified Apply for this Job.