Are you looking for Director of Training and Extension Services Jobs at SIDO – December 2023 nafasi za kazi vacancy ajira mpya new job opportunities careers recruitment portal available vacancies jinsi ya kutuma maombi how to apply shortlisted candidates call for work usaili interview email contact address. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at SIDO.
On behalf of Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO), Public Service Recruitment Secretariat (PSRS), invites dynamic, proactive, experienced and suitable qualified Tanzanians to fill two (2) vacant posts as follows; (i) Director of technology development and planning and (ii) Director of training and extension services.
SMALL INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (SIDO)
SIDO was established in October 1973 as a parastatal organization under now
Ministry of Trade, Industry and Marketing (now Ministry of Trade, Industry and Investment). Its objective was to develop the small industry sector in Tanzania. It was expected to fulfill a very wide range of functions, from policy formulation to direct support to industries, to hands-on involvement in the establishment of SMEs in both rural and urban areas.
The following are detailed requirements for the posts:
|DIRECTOR OF TRAINING AND EXTENSION SERVICES – 1 POST
|SMALL INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (SIDO)
- A thorough knowledge of issues concerning the Micro Small and Medium enterprises sector, and of organizations working in this field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Business – like attitude. Business experience would be an added advantage.
- Good leadership skills and qualities.
- Veracity in the critical management skills of transformation leadership, action planning, performance and total quality management, team building, decision making, problem solving and change management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide technical support to the Region Offices for extension services and business training.
- To conduct training to business trainer/advisors, designing and carrying out product improvements, introducing new products,
- To provide information and materials in the area of business support services and organizing the exchange of information and experience between Regional Offices.
- To conduct assessment and monitoring of training needs within the organization
- To initiate policies, programs, procedures and practices designed to develop/improve knowledge skills and attitude of staff to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the individual and the institutions
- To initiate and implement the development of new products, carry out their pilot testing and ensure the institutionalization of successful products in the Regional Offices.
- To prepare and review departmental annual work plans and budget against the organization’s objectives, targets, strategies and policies and recommend their approval by the management.
- To review departmental annual and quarterly reports against the approved work plans and budget and the organization’s objectives, targets, strategies and policies.
- To develop reporting guidelines and standards within the organization’s policy framework and take corrective action.
- To carry out performance appraisal of staff under him/her
- To assess training needs and arrange training to his/her staff.
- To liaise with Regional Offices and Local Government Authorities (LGA) to ensure the plans for industrials and SMEs development are sustainably included in the districts development plans.
- To ensure suitable and acceptable land for work premises for Industrial clusters, incubation and other program are identified and developed for SMEs use.
- The Director will work to identify strategic partners who have interest and willingness to work with the Organization and ensure in entering the partnerships the interests of the Organization are well safeguarded in a win spirit in view of looking for resources to support the implementation of the Organization activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director General
Holder of Master Degree in one of the following; Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Marketing or equivalent qualifications from recognized institutions.
Must have at least ten (10) years in related field of which three (3) years should be held in managerial position.
REMUNERATION: PGSS 14
Ajira mpya SIDO
- Not more than 45 years except those who are in Public Service
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts; postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply and should indicate clearly in the portal for Public Service Recruitment Secretariat attention.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates; Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts; Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates; Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies such as Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as Professional Engineer. Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted: – Form IV and form VI results slips; Testimonials and all Partial transcripts
- An applicant must upload recent Passport Size Photo in the Public Service Secretariat Recruitment Portal
- An applicant employed in the Public Service should route his/her application letter through his/her respective employer;
- An applicant who is retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply;
- An applicant should indicate three (3) reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Professional certificates from foreign Universities and other training institutions should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) or National Council for Technical Education (NACTVET) where applicable
- A signed application letter should be written either in Swahili or English and Addressed to Secretary, Presidents Office, Public Service Recruitment Secretariat, P.O. Box 2320 and Utumishi Building at University of Dodoma – Dr. Asha Rose Migiro Buildings – Dodoma
- Deadline for application is 17th January, 2024
- Only shortlisted candidates will be informed the date of interview and;
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate legal action;
NOTE: Director of Training and Extension Services Jobs at SIDO – December 2023 Director of Technology Development and Planning Jobs at SIDO – December 2023 Applications must be sent either through Recruitment Portal by using the following address; https://portal.ajira.go.tz/ (This address also can be found at PSRS Website, Click ‘Recruitment Portal’) or email@example.com Released by: ACTING SECRETARY PUBLIC SERVICE RECRUITMENT SECRETARIAT.