Are you looking for Grants Specialist for Tanzania MUM Jobs at Tetra Tech December 2023 nafasi za kazi Shirika la ajira mpya new job opportunities careers recruitment portal available vacancies jinsi ya kutuma maombi how to apply shortlisted candidates call for work usaili interview email contact address. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at Tetra Tech.
The USAID-funded Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira (MUM) project in Tanzania, implemented by Tetra Tech International Development, is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Grants Specialist. This position will be located in the office in Iringa.
The Tanzania Maji na Usafi wa Mazingira Activity (MUM) is a five-year (August 2021 – July 2026) $ 25 million activity funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Mission to Tanzania. The purpose of the activity is to expand and sustain the provision and governance of WASH services by (1) increasing access to sustainable water services; (2) increasing access to finance for water, sanitation, and hygiene; (3) strengthening the market for sanitation products and services; and (4) strengthening basin water boards and water user associations for stewardship of water resources. Tetra Tech is the prime contractor with three subcontractors, FSG, WISE Futures, and IRIS Group. The role of the Grants Specialist is to support the implementation of the project’s Grants under Contract (GUC) activities under the supervision of the Grants Manager and in collaboration with the Activity’s technical team. The Grants Specialist is responsible for managing grantee recipients to ensure compliance with Tetra Tech’s procedures and policies governing GUCs. The Grants Specialist will build the capacity of staff and grantees in grant management and compliance.
- Under the overall supervision of GM, the Grants Specialist will be responsible for administrative duties and services in the project office for assisting with all aspects of implementing and managing the grants program.
- Assist in the development of grant activities concept note, activity description and respective budgets.
- Assist in the development and issuance of grant solicitations, monitor the collection of grantee application, confirm receipt of applications with all applicants and review received applications against minimum screening criteria.
- Support Grants Manager in the review and evaluation committee meetings by taking notes and alerting applicants of the status of the application.
- In collaboration with Grants Manager and Technical team members, conduct Pre-Award risk assessments to considered grantees and make determinations of risk profiles of prospective grantees and recommend appropriate approaches to mitigate the risks identified, including the development of special award conditions
- Reviewing various grantees accounting transaction e.g., budget, advance request, payroll, financial reports, quotation etc. to ensure correctness of disbursement and adherence to relevant grants and financial rules and regulations, administration instructions and practice.
- Facilitate and conduct pre-award due diligence requirements including the pre-award survey and cost analysis of the budget.
- Provide formal training to grantees on grants management to ensure grantees understand the procedures for effectively managing their grants, reimbursements and reporting standards.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with grantees, providing ongoing guidance and support to ensure successful project implementation.
- Maintain grants records in the Tetra Tech grants management system (Salesforce) to ensure grant awards and disbursements are correctly tracked and aligned to deliverables/outputs per grants agreements.
- Ensure that all grant files are well filed and properly documented according to the filing policy and grant documentation checklist.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Grants Manager and DCOP operations.
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, business administration, project management, logistics and operations, procurement or other relevant discipline similar field (relevant experience and another university degree may substitute for the degrees mentioned).
- 3 years of experience with a Bachelors Degree OR 8 years of experience with no degree.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in accounting, project management, logistics and operations, procurement, or equivalent position.
- Experience working in a similar position for an NGO, or an international organization is preferred.
- Previous experience managing or implementing grants under contract especially on budget/finance aspect for donor-financed projects strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of USAID grant making regulations and process and conducting pre award risk assessment with grants.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen, and respect for colleagues.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment.
To Be Considered, Please Submit The Following
- Cover Letter
Please ensure that only the requested documents noted above are submitted. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background.
We are dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page or contact our Global Talent Operations team. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans employer.
Water Security and Sanitation (International Development)
Grants Specialist for Tanzania MUM Jobs at Tetra Tech December 2023 CLICK HERE TO APPLY