Are you looking for Legal Manager; Secretarial Jobs at NMB Bank December 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya nmb new job opportunities careers recruitment portal available vacancies jinsi ya kutuma maombi how to apply shortlisted candidates call for work usaili interview email contact address. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
Learn about Nafasi Secretarial NMB Bank is a commercial bank in Tanzania. It is licensed by the Central Bank of Tanzania, and the national banking regulator. As of September 2013, the bank was a major financial services institution, providing commercial banking services to individuals, small and medium-sized corporate clients, as well as large businesses.
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at NMB Bank.
|Job opening date
|Job closing date
To discharge the General Board Secretarial and Statutory functions for the company, including ensuring that the company complies with the statutory requirements of the Companies Act, and conforms to the Articles and Memorandum of Association and good corporate governance regulations and practices.
- Regular filing of annual returns and all statutory reports and documents the bank is required to file with the regulators and other state organs.
- Prepare Company Secretarial and Corporate Governance strategy in alignment with the strategy of the bank.
- Drafting of minutes, and other documents the Board is required to issue in discharging its mandates.
- Manage board processes including Board and Committee papers and circulation of agendas, minutes, discussion papers, and proposals for the board and its committees.
- Timely organizing of shareholders’ and directors’ meetings
- Prepare quarterly and annual Progress Reports of the Company Secretarial Department.
- Liaise with other departments within the bank to ensure that the bank remains compliant with the requirements of laws and regulations.
- Prepare and implement the Board of Directors calendar.
- Ensure that the board has the information it needs to make informed decisions.
- Organize Board and Committee evaluations in line with regulatory requirements and Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Ensure compliance with the bank’s Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Create directors’ reports on behalf of the Board.
- Complete statutory forms as prescribed by the Registrar of companies.
- Prepare the register of members of significant shareholders, directors, Secretary, and charges.
- Liaise with Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange to obtain the updated registers of the floating shareholders when required.
- Liaise with various statutory bodies like Registrar of Companies etc.
- Ensure full compliance, as well as monitoring the implementation of various Consumer Protection requirements across business areas/Units.
- Regularly update policies and other key documents in Board vantage for Directors to familiarize with.
- Coordinate activities of the NMB’s subsidiaries and associates as well as Training, Orientation and Logistics.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of domestic legal framework, and business legal and regulatory risks
- Understanding and application of corporate and commercial laws.
- Customer centric
- Excellent interpersonal communication at all levels (verbal and written).
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask.
- Strategic thinking
- Influencing skills and assertiveness
- Sound judgment
- Meticulous planning
- Highest integrity, morals, and ethics.
- Ability to cope with high levels of responsibility and maintain confidentiality.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of law (LLB) from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in law (LLM) / MBA is an added advantage.
- Must be enrolled as an Advocate.
- Minimum of 7 years’ corporate legal experience in core legal function and at least 5 years as a manager of Board matters of a large organization preferably in Banking and Finance Sectors.
NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Legal Manager; Secretarial Jobs at NMB Bank December 2023 APPLY NOW