Are you looking for Program Officer Jobs at LEAT Deadline January 8, 2024 nafasi za kazi vacancy ajira mpya new job opportunities careers recruitment portal available vacancies jinsi ya kutuma maombi how to apply shortlisted candidates call for work usaili interview email contact address. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at LEAT.
|Lawyers Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
|Program Officer Job
|Dar Es Salaam Tanzania
Lawyers’ Environmental Action Team (LEAT), is a registered non-governmental organization based in Dar es Salaam, envisioning Africa with sustainable management of environment and natural resources. LEAT has signed an agreement with WWF-Tanzania to implement a three-year (2023 – 2026) “Integrated Approach for Transformation of Tanzania Fuel Wood Value Project -TFWVC” The project is being implemented in Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Tanga, Tabora, Mwanza, and Pwani regions To achieve the Project’s objectives, LEAT is looking for a self-motivated and experienced environmental and natural resources advocate to lead the execution of its side of Project activities.
|Dar es Salaam region.
|Expected Start Date
|8th January, 2024 before 1700hrs
Five (5) or more years with proven experience working with environmental and natural resources organization and litigating environmental and natural resources cases:
- Educational Background:
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, specializing in environmental law including forestry, wildlife related fields. An Advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent) will be highly preferred.
- Legal Expertise:
- Substantial experience in legal research, analysis, and interpretation, with a focus on environmental law (forestry, wildlife) and prosecution or defence of environmental cases.
- Experience in Forest Management:
- Proven experience in working on projects related to sustainable forest management, including a deeper understanding of key legislation governing natural resources management, the challenges bedeviling the sector and practical ways of ensuring that environmental offenses are seriously and successfully prosecuted. .
- Project Management Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects, including budgeting, planning, and coordination of activities related to legal and regulatory affairs.
- Proven track record of training and imparting knowledge to public officials in the environmental and natural resources sector;
- Communication Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to prepare reports, legal documents, and communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Translation Proficiency:
- Proficient in translation services, particularly related to laws, regulations, guidelines, and other documents relevant to forest management.
- Consultancy Experience:
- Previous experience in engaging and managing external consultants, particularly in the areas of legal reviews and sustainable forest management.
- Capacity Building and Training:
- Proven track record in organizing and facilitating capacity-building training programs, especially to government officials, legal practitioners, and stakeholders in the forestry and wildlife sector.
- Regulatory Review and Validation:
- Experience in conducting reviews and validations of legal frameworks, ensuring compliance with national and international standards.
- Workshop Organization:
- Demonstrated ability to organize workshops, seminars, and training sessions, including the preparation of materials and coordination of participants.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and collaborate with stakeholders at various levels, including government agencies, NGOs, and international organizations.
- Analytical Skills:
- Strong analytical skills to assess the impact of legal frameworks, identify gaps, and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to adapt to changing project requirements, address unexpected challenges, and find effective solutions.
- Team Player:
- A collaborative mindset with the ability to work effectively in a team, fostering a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Ethical Standards:
- High ethical standards and integrity, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory guidelines and as well as social and organizational mores.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation processes to assess the effectiveness and impact of legal and regulatory interventions.
- Language Proficiency:
- Proficiency in English and the local language, with translation abilities for effective communication.
If you think you meet the above conditions and thus a qualified person with the requisite skills and qualification and you are motivated enough to work with LEAT this is to invite you to submit your applications accompanied with relevant education certificates, detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document detailing three work related referees and contacts through:
The Executive Director,
Lawyers’ Environmental Action Team (LEAT)
P.O.Box 12605, Dar es Salaam.
Please note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more jobs/vacancies updates about Program Officer Jobs at LEAT Deadline January 8, 2024 please navigate into orodha ya.