Are you looking for Project Officer Jobs (Agronomist)-ELCAP project at SEMA December 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities in Tanzania careers recruitment portal location how to apply call for work usaili interview shortlisted candidates. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at ELCAP project at SEMA.
SEMA in partnership with Stromme Foundation (SF) is implementing the Enhanced Livelihoods through Commercial Agricultural Production (ELCAP) Project in Singida region Tanzania. The project overall goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers, their households and other value-chain stakeholders through enhanced income generation, novel biochar formulation value chains, market linkages, private sector partnerships and job creation.
SEMA is one of SF’s implementing partners in Tanzania. SEMA has built relationships and trust with the local communities and with government officials needed to sustainably implement programs. They have experience with building CMSGs and therefore have the capacity to quickly adapt the model to target smallholder farmers through SPGs.
|Project Officer (Agronomist)-ELCAP project
|Iramba district, Singida Region, Tanzania
|1 year, renewable based on performance and availability of funds
The Agronomist – ELCAP will implement all aspects of the ELCAP program in Singida Region, Tanzania. She/he will be required to apply a wide variety of livelihood development tools and approaches to catalyze innovative services and facilitate linkages between market actors in the assigned project area. The Agronomist will work directly with Program Manager at SEMA and collaborate with the SFTZ ELCAP Coordinator who will provide technical guidance and work objectives.
The Agronomist – ELCAP will have the overall responsibility to support project development, coordination, monitoring, promotion, and growth of ELCAP’s livelihoods activities (these include but not limited to the following: Community Managed Saving Groups, Gender and Disability inclusion, Innovation and adoption of new technologies, Green Economy Practices, Food Security, Life skills training, linking smallholder farmers to market actors, BDS providers and other Credit plus activities, in Tanzania.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning, developing and implementation of ELCAP activities.
- Jointly with the relevant staff, ensure timely completion of all ECLAP agriculture activities including distribution of farm inputs.
- Develop an effective and coherent plan for delivering Climate Smart Agriculture training to farmers as per projects requirements.
- Advise farmers on cropping practices that will improve their economic returns as well as protect environmental sustainability
- Evaluate new crop cultivars and their potential in a grower’s cropping program.
- Monitor the effects of soil characteristics, water levels, and water drainage on plant growth and implement crop management practices in response to these factors to enhance production.
- Promote soil testing and analysis to determine crop nutrient needs and advise accordingly.
- Participate in technology transfer and training activities
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other relevant groups
- Evaluate crop performance as affected by weather, pests, and management practices, and on occasion, give evidence for insurance purposes
- To build the capacity of the local communities to manage their agricultural resources
- To develop mutually beneficial partnerships with relevant government departments, NGOs and other institutions involved in agricultural development work in the project area.
- Establish demonstrations and learning plots on CSA practices for adoption by smallholder farmers and regular field visit and data entry in the M & E system (Zegeba).
- Identify value-addition opportunities that strengthen economic opportunities, especially for young women and rural youth, in the agriculture sectors as identified by local and national government as well as independent market studies and needs assessments.
- Support SEMA to facilitate participation of smallholder farmers in nutrition seminars to enhance behavioral change.
- Participate in the Organization resource mobilization and preparation of the SEMA’s annual reports.
Documentation, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Ensure that all ELCAP interventions are based on the Rights based approach.
- Ensure qualitative and quantitative growth of the ELCAP Project.
- Establish and maintain good coordination and working relationships with district officials.
- Participate in planning of learning events, exhibitions, workshops that bring private and public sector entities together to collectively review and discuss technology developments and innovation.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Support all efforts towards accountability, specifically to direct program participants, engaging them as equal partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of our field activities.
Qualification and Experience.
The ideal candidate for the Agronomist post must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Agromony, Plant and soil Science, Horticulture, or any other related field.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience in coaching, planning and conducting trainings.
- Prior experience working with saving groups.
- Familiar with principles and practice of savings-led microfinance.
- Relevant experience with the green economy program, and promoting youth green entrepreneurs.
- Possesses good knowledge of forming commercial villages and digital financing.
- Experience with market facilitation, supporting systemic change and promoting supporting services.
- Teaching knowledge of financial literacy and life skills
- Knowledge and experience in business financing for MSMEs.
- Conversant with digital tools (including monitoring tools) and workflows.
- Strong data analysis background and familiar with VSLA MIS.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities on development projects, environment management and disability inclusion.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to ride motorcycle in the field.
- Critical thinker, innovator, team player, and works creatively.
- Excellent (English) verbal and written skills
- Strong, communication, organizational, prioritization and negotiating skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong Proposal Writing skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment and to demonstrate gender-sensitive and non-discriminatory behavior and attitudes.
How to Apply:
Project Officer Jobs (Agronomist)-ELCAP project at SEMA December 2023 Please indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, academic certificates, and a cover letter (with the address given below). APPLICATIONS, WHICH DO NOT INCLUDE ALL OF THESE ELEMENTS, WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Sustainable Environment Management Action,
23 BR. TUMUA,
P.O. Box 365,
43101, Singida, Tanzania.
All applications should be sent through email: email@example.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is Thursday 21st December 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
SEMA is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.
We DO NOT charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will receive an official call/ mail from our office and be informed of the next steps. for more job/vacancies updates please navigate into orodha ya on Telegram.