Are you looking for Project Officer Jobs at WeWorld December 2023 nafasi za kazi ajira mpya new job opportunities how to apply jinsi ya kutuma maombi vacancy/vacancies careers recruitment portal call for work interview usaili shortlisted candidates. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
If you are a Tanzanian or currently based in Tanzania and seeking employment opportunities, consider applying for positions available at WeWorld.
|Project Officer Tanzania
|Project Manager and Country Representative
|Dar es Salaam (Tanzania) the first six months and then Pemba (Mozambique), with fields visits in the areas of intervention of the NGO in Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique
WeWorld is operational in Tanzania and Kenya since 2010 and in Mozambique since 2000. It works in partnership with local organisations and in close cooperation with government authorities. The main geographical areas of intervention are: in Tanzania, Dar es Salaam and the regions of Njombe, Mtwara, Kigoma, Mbeya; in Kenya, Nairobi and the counties of Narok, Migori and Isiolo; in Mozambique, Maputo and the provinces of Cabo Delgado, Manica, Nampula and Tete. WeWorld is committed to protect the rights of children, especially girls, to a quality and inclusive education, and it supports children, adolescents and youth by sexual abuse and exploitation, and by the consequences of natural and man-made disasters such as drought, floods, cyclones and conflicts. In the framework of the call for proposal EuropeAid/173681/DD/ACT/Multi, WeWorld has been awarded a grant by the Delegation of European Commission in Kenya for the multi-country Action “Kujenga Amani Pamoja. Building the peace together” that will take place in the bordering areas of Kenya, Tanzania, and Mozambique. The Overall Objective of the Action is “Aware and mobilized young women and men living in the coastal bordering areas of Kenya, Tanzania and Mozambique act as peacebuilders and agents of positive change”. The Action recognizes the Swahili culture as a factor of peace and conflict prevention and call for women and youth CSOs and activists to engage with media, academia and local authorities to value this asset. Therefore, the Specific Objective is “Young women and men-led networks and organisations (formal and informal) actively practice and disseminate learning on building peace, preventing conflicts and promoting inclusion within peace-centred Swahili cultural practices in Kenya (Kwale county), Tanzania (Tanga and Mtwara regions) and Mozambique (Cabo Delgado and Nampula provinces).
Also Read: National Liaison Officer Jobs at EABC→
WeWorld is recruiting a Project Officer for the EU co-funded Action mentioned above, that started in March 2022 and will last 36 months. The Project Officer will work in support of the Project Manager to ensure the quality of project management. In the first six months of the contract the Project Officer is expected to work in Tanzania with the Project Manager and then move to Mozambique. The role requires to support the Project Manager in coordination the consortium composed by 1 international partner, 4 local partners, 3 associated universities/research institutes and will take place in 5 areas of 3 countries (Kwale County in Kenya; Tanga and Mtwara Regions in Tanzania; Cabo Delgado and Nampula Provinces in Mozambique), and marginally in Dar es Salaam (Tanzania). Frequent missions to the five target areas are required to assure all the below-mentioned responsibilities and for a smooth implementation and monitoring of the project.
Main functions and duties:
Management of the Project Human resources/governance
- Technical supervision of the project staff in the three countries
- Co-Leading the Project Management Committee
- Support the management and facilitation of the handover in case of staff turnover
Management of project activity implementation
- Planning, coordination and supervision of the activities in the five target regions (Kwale, Tanga, Mtwara, Cabo Delgado and Nampula) and in Dar es Salaam
- Monitoring the activities operational plan in line with the project design, timetable and financial resources
- Conduct coordination meetings with the project team of each country on a regular basis
- Co-lead the regional coordination meetings
- Support the management of the operational and institutional relations with project’s partners, associates and stakeholders as well as with the donor and local authorities
- Overseeing Communication and Visibility actions in the three countries and ensure that the project Communication and Visibility plan is implemented and regularly monitored/updated
- Ensure that project documents are archived in a proper manner on a regular basis (hard copies and soft copies)
Monitoring of project activities and expenditures
- Monitoring of activities implementation and of results/objective achievements through frequent field visits, meetings with partners and stakeholders, data collection and analysis
- Support the Financial/Administrative management of the project
Interim and final reporting
- Supervision of the reporting mechanism in the three countries
- Drawing up of narrative reports in compliance with agreed procedures and time schedule
The duties and responsibilities set forth above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to perform additional duties.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- An advanced University Degree or equivalent in the field of Law and International Law, Social or Political Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Project Management or related fields
- Knowledge of main donors’ policies and procedures
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of PCM and the principles of humanitarian aid
- Good computer skills, in particular MS Office package
- At least 1 years’ relevant working experience in humanitarian or development settings
- At least 1 years of experience in project and programs coordination
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal relationships and demonstrated ability to leverage business networks and partnerships for continued growth
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Ability to perform under stress conditions
- Capacity to work autonomously and in problems prevention/resolution
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually and to translate these into concrete results
- Ability to identify, initiate and maintain good relationships with partner organizations, donors and national authorities including building professional relationships with senior decision-makers and influencers/leaders
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage effectively multiple tasks while fostering quality, team spirit and positive working relationships with colleagues
- Integrity in line with the Humanitarian Principles and ethical standards
- Strong commitment to WeWorld Mission
- Cultural, gender, religion, and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Good knowledge of the Italian language, written and verbal
- Knowledge of Portuguese or Spanish
- Previous experience in management of complex partnerships and in dealing with multi-stakeholder settings (local and international partners, universities, local authorities, donors, media, etc. at all levels)
WHAT WE OFFER
Type of contract: a first 6 (six) month collaboration contract subject to verification of the achievement of specific objectives (these objectives will be agreed together with the Line Manager upon arrival on assignment); a second collaboration contract of 6 (six) month renewable, following the positive evaluation of the six three months of contract
Economic conditions to be defined according to WeWorld Expatriates Compensation Policy: Base Salary (seniority/role held) + Contributions (role complex and hardship based on place of work; housing, schooling, flights for children and insurance coverage for children)
|Tax Treatment, equal tax treatment between Italian and foreign residents is guaranteed
|2,5 days/month (working days)
|one return flight every 12 months of contract
|Family Duty Station
The recruitment process may be closed early if a suitable candidate is found. Due to the large number of applications, we apologise in advance and will only respond to those profiles deemed suitable for the role.
WHO WE ARE
We support people in overcoming emergencies and we strive to guarantee that everyone can have a decent and dignified life as well as opportunities and a better future. We work in 27 countries around the world, including in Italy, with more than 165 emergency, humanitarian aid and development projects. Our activities mainly involve women, girls and young people, actors of change in every community for a fairer and more inclusive world.
We operate in several natural and man-made crisis in various regions of the world. The emergency response, coordinated by the Humanitarian Aid Unit, is composed by multi-sectorial interventions comprising of WASH, EiE, CVA, Food Security, Protection, and others. We operate also in protracted crisis with provision of humanitarian aid through a prevention, emergency relief and rehabilitation approach.
In the last 4 years we have strengthened the regions and the countries where we have been working, we have created new programs, developed new quality and compliance systems and now we need new people who want to join us to build the world we want in the coming years.
We believe in a world where everyone has equal opportunities and rights and we work everyday to make it happens. Join us.
To apply for Project Officer Jobs at WeWorld December 2023 CLICK HERE TO APPLY