Board Member Jobs at CRDB Bank Job vacancy. The CRDB Bank PLC is a leading commercial bank in Tanzania. Established in 1996, the Bank has grown and prospered over the years to become the most innovative and trusted Bank in the country. The Bank attained an important milestone when it was listed on the Dar Es Salaam Stock Exchange on 17th of June 2009. CRDB Bank PLC owns four subsidiary companies namely CRDB Bank Burundi S.A., CRDB Insurance Company Limited, CRDB Bank Foundation and CRDB Bank DR Congo S.A.
CRDB Bank PLC – Benki ya CRDB
Dar es Salaam
Board Member Vacancies
Applications are being accepted from adequately qualified applicants for two Board Member positions. These positions will represent the interests of the group of shareholders with less than 1% of the total shares and the group of shareholders with more than 1% of the total shares, who will be chosen by all shareholders.
The Annual General Meeting will be given with the names of eligible candidates for election. Background knowledge and education.
In accordance with the Banking and Financial Institutions Act (Corporate Governance) Regulations, Section 5(2), 2021 candidates for the Board of Directors posts shall possess the following academic background and experience: Banking, finance, accounting, auditing, law, and economics are among examples.
Skills and Expertise
Taking into account the current composition of the Board, developments in technology and growth in digital banking the following skills are needed: Data science, Cyber Security, Credit, Law, Accounting, Information Technology, Insurance, Strategic Communication, Investment and Capital ventures.
Roles of Board of Directors
- Establish the vision, mission, and values of the Bank with the goal of ensuring its legal existence and continuity.
- Maintain a close eye on and ongoing assessment of the Bank’s strategy to fulfill its vision and mission and guarantee its survival.
- oversee the Bank through overarching policies and goals that are developed and approved by the Managing Director. These goals and policies will try to guarantee that:
- Policies and procedures are in place to safeguard the assets and good name of the bank;
- The Bank adheres to all applicable laws, rules, and best practices guidelines; also, the technology and systems employed by the Bank are sufficient for the appropriate operation of the Bank, enabling it to compete by making effective use of its resources, including people, assets, and processes.
- Keep an eye on risk detection and management to eventually increase shareholder value.
- Choose and choose the Managing Director, to whom the management of the Bank will be assigned.
- Regular reviews and assessments of the Managing Director’s performance are required of the Directors.
Mode of Application
- To be considered for election as a board member, a candidate must submit an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of all relevant professional and academic awards and certificates, two passport-size photos, certified copies of their passports’ last page, letters of recommendation from three references, and a statement of bank debt.
- Upon receipt of the applications, each applicant will receive a notification of receipt along with additional information. The chosen candidate will serve for a three-year term that can be extended.
- Please take note that the applications must be submitted by Wednesday, January 24, 2024, at 00 p.m. Women are particularly encouraged to apply by CRDB.
The contact for communication is:
CRDB Bank PLC Headquarters
Plot No 25 and 26 Ali Hassan Mwinyi Road & Plot No. 21 Barack Obama Road P. O. Box 268,11101 Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Tel. no. 022 – 2219566
E-mail : email@example.com