Bridge Structural Engineer Jobs at Lafab Solutions jOB Vacancy. Our esteemed client, a renowned international company dedicated to the implementation of World Bank and EU projects, is actively looking for highly qualified individuals. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or internationally recognized equivalent.
- Chartered Civil Engineer or Registered with an equivalent Engineering Professional Organization.
- 10 years post-graduate experience in carrying out bridge / structural design and construction supervision, of which at least 5 years as Bridge/ Structural Engineer covering all aspects of detailed structural design of bridges and associated road structures to international standards, including new structures and rehabilitation surveys.
- At least two assignments of a similar nature to this project covering the range of bridge types and spans on the project road.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
- Experience working on similar assignments in Sub-Saharan Africa and, ideally, in Uganda.
- Knowledge of the Islamic Development Bank, World Bank, EU, and other major funding agency project design and evaluation procedures.
- Knowledge of UNRA and appropriate regional/international design standards. Experience of working in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams, preferably with Ugandan Consultants.
Structural Engineer Key Performance Tasks and Responsibilities.
- Participate in carrying out detailed design reviews.
- Ensure full and detailed permanent site records, which will include site correspondence, survey data, quality acceptance data, site diaries, measurement and certification, minutes of meetings, and records of all other contractually relevant matters.
- Provide training to the counterpart staff by approved training plans.
- Ensure to undertake comprehensive day-to-day field contract supervision, quality assurance, measurements, and administration services at the site.
- Provide the Contractors with all necessary survey data and references for setting out the works.
- Receive, assess, and approve the Contractors’ implementation work plans and programs.
- Ensure that all the works are executed under all the provisions of the contract, including those concerning standards of workmanship, and other safety provisions and protection of the environment.
- Maintain regular estimates of the cost to completion and time to completion for each contract.
- Assess time and cost claims submitted by Contractors and advise UNRA for actions to be taken.
- Ensure that as-built drawings are prepared for all the construction works.
- Review the Contractor’s submissions (Letters, RFIs, Shop Drawings)
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified, APPLY FOR THIS JOB