Company Secretary Jobs at Union Meat Group job vacancies. The Union Meat Group, a global leader in the meat industry, located in Tanzania, Pwani Region, Vigwaza (20 Meters from the main road). We take pride in our unwavering commitment to quality and innovation, setting the bar for excellence in everything we do when it comes to meat handling . We are currently seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our dynamic team. If you are driven by a desire to work in a company that embraces cutting-edge innovations and ethical standards, we invite you to be a part of our journey. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire spectrum of the meat industry, from ethical livestock rearing to advanced processing and global distribution. We are dedicated to creating a holistic experience for our employees and customers, ensuring that our products reach global destinations in perfect condition.
Job Title: Company Secretary (1)
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
To ensure legal compliance, corporate governance, and efficient legal administration.
THE WAY WE WORK
We work as a team to ensure we always achieve our goal to contribute to the success of our business by keeping our clients’ interests first.
- Stay up-to-date of all relevant laws and regulations pertaining to the meat processing and ensure company’s operations comply with local and international legal requirements.
- Provide legal guidance to the management team on matters related to the sector.
- Organize and manage board meetings, ensuring proper documentation maintain, update corporate governance policies & procedures and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Act as a liaison between the board, management, and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of statutory documents with applicable authorities and maintain
- accurate and updated records, including company registers, industry information’s and legal documents.
- Manage, draft and review corporate communications to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory bodies and ensure timely submissions in required.
- Review and draft contracts, agreements, legal documents and ensure that all contractual obligations are met and provide legal advice on contract-related matters.
- Identify and assess legal and regulatory risks associated with the abattoir and related business operations.
- Develop strategies to mitigate legal risks and ensure compliance with risk management policies.
- Facilitate communication between the board, shareholders, and other stakeholders.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or a related field.
- Professional certification as a Company Secretary.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Company Secretary in a similar industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Tanzanian corporate laws and regulations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities.
- Attention to detail and a high level of integrity.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link to apply for this position Apply Here Deadline: 23rd January 2024.