Job Vacancy: Compliance Officer II at SELF MF (Mfuko wa Self)
SELF Microfinance Fund Limited (SELF MF) is a corporate entity under the Ministry of Finance. It was incorporated on 4th September, 2014 to take over the operations and obligations of SELF Project. SELF MF is registered as a Limited Liability Company by Guarantee under the Companies Act, 2002 of the United Republic of Tanzania with registration number 112091. It is wholly owned by the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Treasury Registrar.
|COMPLIANCE OFFICER II – 1 POST
|Mfuko wa Self – SELF MF
|2024-01-05 to 2024-01-18
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare a risk management policy of the Fund, including the risk appetite of the Fund;
- To review the Risk and Compliance Policy and Procedural Manual of the Fund and ensure that it comprehensively covers all the operational aspects in order to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct;
- To implement annual plans cascaded from strategic plan and ensure that rules and guidelines are properly followed;
- To prepare periodic reporting as directed, to keep the Audit Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of risk and compliance services;
- To provide training to all employees on risk and compliance services matters;
- To monitor the performance of the Compliance and Risk Services Programs and related activities on a continuing basis by taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness;
- To ensure that there is compliance with legal requirements of relevant legislations and reporting requirements of Regulatory Bodies;
- To work with other departments to identify areas of exiting or potential risk to be addressed for preventive measures, mitigation and correctness; and
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by his/her superior.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Holders of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, Business Administration majoring in Finance or Accounting or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
Deadline for application is 18th January, 2024 Only shortlisted candidates will be informed on a date for interview and Presentation of forged certificates and other information will necessitate to legal action.
Related: 2x Library Assistant II at MWEKA