Human Resources Clerk Jobs at US Embassy Dar Es Salaam | January 2024 job vacancy. Thank you for your interest in employment with the U.S. Mission in Tanzania. To view a current list of all available positions at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania and to apply online.
|Embassy Dar Es Salaam
|Human Resources Clerk (All Interested Candidates)
|01/10/2024 – 01/24/2024
|Vacancy Time Zone
|LE – 0305 6
|TZS TSh24, 989,567 /Per Year
|Full-time – 40HRS PER WEEK
|1 Vacancy in Dar Es Salaam, TZ
|For More Info
|HR Section 022-222-4148 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Open to the public
|Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency
|All Interested Applicants / All Sources
|Security Clearance Required
|Public Trust – Background Investigation
|Appointment Type Details
|Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
|We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
|The U.S. Mission in Dar es Salaam is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of HR Clerk in the Human Resources Section.
|Relocation Expenses Reimbursed
The position is located in the Human Resources (HR) Office at the front desk and as such, requires the incumbent to be professional to greet and assist all visitors and callers to the office. Incumbent will be the customer service provider for all walk-ins to the HR section as well as answering phone inquiries. Performs or provides assistance with general office support including but not limited to handling paper flow, preparing routine documents, and assuring that information is properly shared between different sub-sections of the HR office. Answers general HR related queries from external visitors and callers, coordinates logistics for official visits and representational events.
Administrative Duties: 90%
- Greets and assists visitors and callers to the HR Office, and escorts visitors as needed. Provides helpful response to customers’ queries, either by giving guidance or referring them to other staff within the HR Office.
- Assists the HR Office by receiving, stamping, distributing, controlling and filing HR related documents in the instructed folders. Receives and sends correspondence via Diplomatic Post Office (DPO), Pouch, and FedEx. Assists with logistics for HR meetings, special events, etc. Serves as a travel arranger for HR personnel.
- Orders supplies, maintains inventory, and logs invoices. Arranges servicing of any broken equipment directly with outside vendors and/or through Procurement. Assists with logistical preparations for employee awards program, including but not limited to, ensuring certificates and pins are ordered in advance, preparing certificates, refreshments, etc.
- Drafts simple memoranda, letters, and other HR correspondence for clearance on a high frequent basis.
- Prepares, submits, and follows up on HR requests placed through ARIBA and/or myServices, ensuring that goods and services are received in a timely manner in the section, and keeps the storage room organized.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for the HR section on the use of myServices platform.
- Administers calendar/schedule for the HRO and the HR Specialist. Assists the HRO and the HR Specialist by preparing agenda items for meetings, as needed. Enters and keeps data on HR database. Maintains all subject files and Official Personnel Folders (OPFs) for all Locally Employed (LE) Staff. Maintains LE Staff Warden and Emergency locator databases. Maintains LE Staff data required for various HR reporting purposes. Maintains bulletin boards including office notices and other HR announcements and updates to the HR SharePoint website.
- Assists the American services sub-section with their activities. Maintains and updates arrival/departure lists. Prepares simple diplomatic notes for arrival/departure of U.S. direct hires (USDHs).
- Answers general HR related queries from external visitors and callers, coordinates logistics for official visits and representational events.
- Provides assistance and backup to other HR Assistants. Prepares vacancy announcements for positions in all agencies, contacts shortlisted candidates to arrange for interviews, arranges for medical clearances and appropriate security certifications/clearances for selected candidates, prepares letters to unsuccessful candidates using pre-formatted forms, etc.
Other Duties: 10%
- Serves as a main/backup Timekeeper for the entire Embassy and has the overall responsibility and management for post’s WinT&A database. Liaises with Financial Services Center, as needed.
- Responsible for creating and running special reports in OPS, ERA, or T&A.
Note: This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to perform other duties as assigned by the agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
Requirements: EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two (2) years of experience in the administrative or clerical field is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Basic knowledge of HR functions and host country laws about personnel functions performed.
Education Requirements: Completion of high school is required.
Good working knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in English is required. This may be tested.
Good working knowledge (Written/Speaking/Reading) in Kiswahili is required. This may be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power point, Outlook, and Internet). Must have excellent customer service and communication skills to manage in-person and telephone contacts. Must be organized, diligent and able to work under pressure. Good interpersonal relationships are required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Equality and Inclusion Statement:
The US Mission to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania values a workforce of different backgrounds, cultures, and viewpoints. We strive to create a welcoming environment for all, and we invite applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, applicants MUST apply electronically via ERA website. https://tz.usembassy.gov/jobs/
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Proof of Citizenship
• High School Certificate
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• Other Documents
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable).
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted only via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tanzania.