Quality Assurance Manager Jobs at Union Meat Group job vacancies. The Union Meat Group, a global leader in the meat industry, located in Tanzania, Pwani Region, Vigwaza (20 Meters from the main road). We take pride in our unwavering commitment to quality and innovation, setting the bar for excellence in everything we do when it comes to meat handling . We are currently seeking passionate and talented individuals to join our dynamic team. If you are driven by a desire to work in a company that embraces cutting-edge innovations and ethical standards, we invite you to be a part of our journey. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire spectrum of the meat industry, from ethical livestock rearing to advanced processing and global distribution. We are dedicated to creating a holistic experience for our employees and customers, ensuring that our products reach global destinations in perfect condition.
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager (1)
REPORTING TO: Chief Operations Officer
To ensure our meat processing operations adhere to the highest standards of quality and safety.
THE WAY WE WORK
We work as a team to ensure we always achieve our goal to contribute to the success of our business by keeping our clients’ interests first.
- Establish and enforce robust quality control processes throughout all stages of meat processing, and to develop and maintain quality standards in compliance with local and international regulations.
- Stay informed about Tanzanian and international regulations governing meat processing and ensure the abattoir’s compliance and ascertain with regulatory authorities for inspections and certifications.
- Conduct regular audits of production processes to identify areas for improvement and adherence to quality standards, and collaborate other departments to ensure compliance with quality and safety regulations.
- Establish and maintain accurate documentation of quality control procedures, testing results, and compliance records and ensure all required documentation is readily available for audits and inspections.
- Develop and implement training programs for production and quality control staff to enhance awareness and understanding of quality standards, and be informed about industry best practices and disseminate relevant information to the team.
- Oversee product testing procedures, including microbiological and sensory evaluations and inspection and collaborate with production team to implement corrective actions based on testing results.
- Collaborate with supply chain department to ensure that raw materials from suppliers meet established quality standards and conduct supplier audits and evaluations as regularly.
- Drive continuous improvement in quality assurance processes to enhance overall product meat quality and safety to implement corrective and preventive actions based on quality incidents or non-compliance.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Quality Assurance, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Manager in the food processing or abattoir industry.
- In-depth knowledge of quality control processes and food safety regulations.
- Knowledge of Management system Standards: FSSC 22000, ISO 9001.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian and international regulations in the food processing industry.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong IT background with knowledge of quality control software and Proficiency in MS Office applications.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow the link to apply for this position Apply Here Deadline: 23rd January 2024
Recommended; Tax Manager Jobs at Union Meat Group