Field Officer Internship at PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity.
Field Officer Internship at PATH
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties. PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
|Internships / Volunteering
Description of the project the intern will complete:
In collaboration with the county EPI lead for Garissa County:
- Coordinate field activities related to pilot testing of immunization demand solutions.
- Ensure timely communication with all relevant stakeholders including county health team and PATH Living Labs team on matters relating to implementation of the solutions.
- Keep record of field activities and update County EPI Lead and PATH Living Labs Lead of progress, challenges and adaptations being made.
- Collect, manage and analyze data related to impact of solutions.
- Collaborate virtually with project teams and other stakeholders.
- Adhere to Living Labs procedures for human subjects’ research including privacy and confidentiality.
Benefit to Intern:
- Capacity building their skills to be able to conduct the full cycle of Human Centered Design
Internship’s goals and learning objectives:
- Introduction and orientation to HCD
- Opportunity to integrate professional knowledge on into how Living Labs applies HCD.
- Start to end interviews with caregivers, health care workers, community opinion leaders.
- Conduct complete phases of human centered design- 4D approach.
- Be able to independently utilize HCD tools.
- Report writing
Learning outcomes (how the Intern’s performance will be evaluated):
- Monthly targets set and evaluated by performance manager and documented in intern files
Required Skills and Experience:
- Ability to engage users through virtual tools.
- Comfortable with working openly and transparently, sharing works-in-progress, failures, successes, and lessons-learned.
- Creative and curious.
- Voracious learner.
- Passionate about addressing health issues in low-resource settings.
- Receptive to and values open and honest feedback from colleagues and stakeholders.
- Fearless about sharing ideas.
- Independent thinker that takes initiative.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences
- Must be a native of Garissa County who understands the county well and speaks the local language.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.