Are you looking for TCRA Recruitment Digital Inclusion Expert Job/Vacancies new jobs opportunities call for interview shortlisted candidates vacancy recruit portal tanzanite portal. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
The Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA), is a quasi-independent Government body established under the Tanzania Communication Regulatory Act No.12 of 2003 to regulate communications and broadcasting sectors in Tanzania.
On behalf of Universal Posta Union (International Bureau a second oldest International Organization worldwide) which is a primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to fill the following post available.
POST: Digital Inclusion Expert (grade P 2, non-core) Policy, Regulation and Markets Directorate.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 4 October, 2023
• Under the direct supervision of the Coordinator, the incumbent will play a key role in supporting the UPU’s efforts to expand community connectivity through the Post in the developing and least developed countries. This is a technical role with project management responsibilities.
1. Research digital market developments
a. Identify studies which could be led by the UPU to:
- Support the creation or acquisition of datasets on ICT infrastructure, postal connectivity, and other key digital inclusion data in member countries;
- Track and evaluate emerging connectivity technologies and business model approaches and how these can be incorporated;
- Measure the digital inclusion impact of the postal sector;
- Identify innovative or successful business models.
b. Identify partner institutions which may be interested in supporting and/or working with the UPU on research activities in the field of digital inclusion.
- Prepare studies in the field of digital inclusion, in coordination with internal and external stakeholders, from data collection and analysis to drafting, peer review and publication.
2. Advocacy and knowledge management
- Maintain and expand the UPU’s pool of partners in the area of digital inclusion and connectivity, including governments, regulators (both postal and related digital economy actors), national, regional and international organizations, donors and development partners, and academics.
- Based on the research produced by the UPU, prepare focused explanatory texts and communi-cations activities targeted at these partners to ensure a greater recognition of the postal sector’s contribution to digital inclusion.
- Design targeted messages and communication tools and channels for potential partners. In par-ticular, ensure that UPU research is published or re-published by key digital inclusion knowledge institutes, international organizations and think tanks.
- Work with other stakeholders to design, plan and organize international conferences and events related to digital inclusion issues.
- Contribute to the planning and organization of UPU meetings.
3. Resource mobilization and project monitoring
- Support UPU resource mobilization related to digital inclusion and connectivity matters.
- Propose and design digital inclusion and community connectivity projects for submission to donors and participate in and support discussions and negotiations with donors.
- Assist with the management of connectivity-related work implemented by consultants and con-tracting organizations.
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc reporting on digital-inclusion-based connectivity work.
- Monitor digital inclusion and related connectivity projects.
- Perform any other duties as required or as advised by the supervisor.
Qualification and Skills Required
- First-level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) in information and communication technology (ICT), IT management, innovation, digital economy, public policy, business administration, economics, or law. An advanced degree (Master’s or equivalent) in one of the same fields would be an asset.
- At least two years’ experience in project implementation and management, part of which should be in the field of digital services.
- Experience in research and strategic planning, preferably in the areas of digital inclusion, innovation and digital economy.
- Knowledge of leading market research activities, preferably on topics related to digital inclusion.
- Experience in public policy advocacy, preferably in an international context.
- Experience in national or regional digital policy and strategies would be an advantage.
- Proven expertise in data collection and analysis; experience in econometrics techniques would be an advantage.
- Proven ability to meet ambitious objectives and obtain results.
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with partners in the field of digital inclusion would be an advantage.
Skills and abilities / competencies:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work across many cultures at different stages of economic development.
- Ability to plan and to work in a multi-stakeholder team of both internal and external actors.
Job application procedure
Email: Applicants wishing to be considered are asked to complete the Official application form and apply via the UPU’s e-recruit system (erecruit.upu.int). Each application must be accompanied by an official authorization from the Head of the appropriate authority submitting the application. This authorization should be signed and dated and sent by e-mail to email@example.com
Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority, Mawasiliano Towers,
20 Sam Nujoma Road,
P.O Box 474,
14414, DAR ES SALAAM.