Are you looking for Job Application for Center Manager and Liaison Officer at World Vegetable Center jobs vacancy nafasi za kazi ajira mpya located in Tanzania, So, if you are interested in sustainable development and have the necessary skills and experience, we encourage you to apply before the deadline. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Post,!
Position Announcement (Re-Advertisement) Center Manager and Liaison Officer
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realizing the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: worldveg.org
WorldVeg holds the world’s largest public vegetable germplasm collection and performs breeding programs in different parts of the world with strong connections with the public and private seed sectors. The WorldVeg breeding team develops improved cultivars with tolerance to biotic and abiotic stresses, enhanced shelf life, improved nutrient content, and quality adapted to subtropical and tropical environments. The Center is modernizing its research infrastructure and evolving into ‘Open Science Center’, collaborating with advanced research institutions, universities, and private seed companies.
WorldVeg is seeking an experienced professional who will act as the Center manager as well as liaison officer in Tanzania. S/he will be responsible for managing and overseeing the operations of the Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) regional office located in Arusha and maintaining an excellent working relationship with the government of Tanzania. This position is open for Tanzanian nationals only.
- Under the functional direction of WorldVeg’s Director of Human Resources and general oversight of the Regional Director-ESA:
- Oversee an equitable hiring procedure for foreign workers at ESA and take an unbiased stance when it comes to staff performance reviews and professional growth.
- Encourage collaboration, provide ideal working circumstances, and create a trustworthy and safe work atmosphere.
- Verify compliance with national labor and employment regulations by reviewing and updating the HR Policy Manual and the Nationally Recruited Staff Regional Office (NRS RO) Staff Regulations Manual.
Finance and Administration
- Under the general direction of the Regional Director of ESA and the functional direction of the Director of Corporate Services at WorldVeg:
- Oversee the annual budget and operations planning for the region at the Center. Prepare the ESA yearly budget with the senior financial officer’s help. Maintain appropriate budgetary control.
- Organize the activities of the senior finance officer-led ESA finance and administrative team.
- oversee the management of the project offices in the area, including the Arusha Center.
- Communication, Relationship Building, Resource Mobilization, and Capacity Building Under the general direction of the Regional Director of ESA:
- Take part in the mobilization of resources to support WorldVeg’s work program in Tanzania.
- Organize the creation of outreach initiatives and communications products.
- Develop and maintain the Center’s ties with WorldVeg partners and the host nation, Tanzania.
- In order to promote WorldVeg as a “Open Science Center,” plan seminars, training sessions, events, internship programs, greet guests, and improve information sharing with academic institutions, research facilities, and the commercial sector.
- Organize the business continuity and risk management initiatives of ESA.
- Get the ESA’s yearly report ready to be turned in to the government and its WorldVeg partners.
- Perform any additional tasks as deemed necessary by ESA’s requirements and as periodically evaluated.
Note: WorldVeg reserves the right to revise job profiles at any time based on changes to the required job responsibilities. Qualifications and Experience.
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of the following skills, knowledge, experience, and personal characteristics:
- A Tanzanian national who speaks and writes English and Kiswahili with ease.
- A minimum of 10 years of verified experience in a related role.
- A Master’s or Doctoral degree in International Relations, Agriculture, Finance Management, Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- Understanding of nutrition issues, climate change, food systems, and/or agriculture.
- Strong connection to research for development and the goals of WorldVeg.
- Strong written and spoken English communication abilities.
- A strong connection base of both governmental and private sector players in the agriculture industry.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Strong background in finance, procurement, and human resource management.
- Strong background in project management.
- Strong computer abilities.
- Proficiency in overseeing finances, personnel, and additional organizational resources
- Experience working at a university, conducting research, or managing an international non-profit organization.
- Familiarity with public speaking and presentation.
- Knowledge of mobilizing resources.
The Reward: The initial appointment is for one year and may be extended depending on requirement, funding availability, and performance of the incumbent. An attractive compensation and benefits will be offered to the right candidate.
The candidate we hire will embody WorldVeg’s Five Core Values:
Dedication to Innovation and Knowledge Sharing Supports the conduct of world-class science, respects ethical standards, and is committed to sharing results in a transparent manner.
Aspires to achieve positive, tangible, and lasting impact contributing to Sustainable Development Goals.
Believes in the value of partnerships to advance research for development.
Respect the diversity of gender, culture, ethnic origin, religion, age, beliefs, and views.
Strives to minimize its environmental impact and to introduce greener technology and practices.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Job Application for Center Manager and Liaison Officer at World Vegetable Center Applicants should submit a letter of application explaining their suitability for and interest in the position along with a curriculum vita, a recent passport-size photograph, names, and addresses (including telephone/fax/e-mail) of three referees, and date of availability to email@example.com or the job bank site before 15 February 2024. Please mention the position title in the subject line.