Are you looking for MQA Bursary Application Form careers opportunities learning programme Quality assurance Contact Email Address vacancies FAQ TVET College CET Support programs HET Lecture support Seta Jargon Brochure. Welcome to our website orodhaya.com, In This Article,!
The Mining Qualifications Authority (MQA) is a Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) for the Mining and Minerals Sector in terms of the Skills Development Act No. 97 of 1998.
Learn About MQA Bursary
The MQA would like to welcome learners in grade 12 or currently enrolled in a public institution, university of technology, or TVET college to apply for a MQA bursary for the 2024 academic year.
The bursary will cover tuition as well as allowances for housing, books, and meals.
Please keep in mind that the bursary is only available to South African citizens.
The MQA bursary scheme focuses on funding the qualifications listed below at universities, universities of technology, and TVET Colleges website https://mqa.org.za/.
Furthermore, the MQA may give up to 20% of total bursary allocations for the 2024 academic year to qualifications not specified below that the MQA deems relevant for the mining and minerals sector.
MQA Programmes Funded at Universities
Qualifications funded at universities and universities of technology:
- MQA Programmes Funded at TVET Colleges
- Jewellery Design and Manufacturing
- Electro-Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Environmental Health and Management
- Analytical Chemistry
- Industrial Engineering
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Occupational Hygiene
- Occupational Medicine
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
Qualifications funded at TVET colleges:
- Fitter and Turner
- Motor Mechanic (Diesel)
- Fitting (including Machinery)
- Instrumentation Mechanic
- Rigger Ropes Man
Preference will be given to the following aspects in the selection of candidates:
- Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDI) applicants.
- Financially needy applicants with a combined household income of not more than R600 000 per annum. The household income will be verified by MQA, and misrepresentation of the household income will disqualify the application.
- Female applicants.
- Applicants living in rural communities.
- Applicants who have applied to study at their local tertiary institutions.
- Candidates with a strong academic record.
- How to Apply for MQA Bursary
- To qualify for the bursary, the applicant must be unemployed at the time of the application and must remain unemployed for the duration of his/her studies.
Download the Application Form for Unemployed Learners
The completed application form and supporting documents must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications received at the above e-mail address will be considered.
Late applications will not be considered.
MQA Bursary Application Form PDF
The Applications Form is an electronic FILLABLE PDF FORMAT with drop-down menus where applicable.
- You must click on the appropriate selection button and/or type in the information where such information is required.
- The Application Form is set up in such a way that the MQA is able to retrieve your information directly from the form. DO NOT change the format of the form to a normal PDF or Word format.
- After completing the application form, you must save the form under your full name and surname, then email supporting documents to the e-mail address hereunder.
- You must type in your full name, surname and ID Number in the subject line of the e-mail.
Do not complete the form by hand.
You must ONLY provide the following documents hereunder:
- Certified copy of your Identity Document.
- Certified copy of your Grade 12 Certificate (All applicants).
- Grade 12 results (if you are in high school).
Acceptance Letter from University – where applicable: (if you are in high school).
Full Academic Record (if you are at University or TVET College).
ID Document of Parents/Guardian
Proof of house Income: Payslips of father/mother/Guardian Or proof of SASA payment for Parent/Guardian, where applicable, Or Affidavit when Parent/guardian is unemployed, Or Death Certificate of Parent/Guardian– where applicable. The MQA will verify proof of family income and guardianship.
An affidavit from the Parent when your other parent has passed away or is absent.
Please name your supporting documents appropriately. Do not send supporting documents as ZIP files.
Do not send your CV.
Email of application form and supporting documents
E-mail your application form and supporting documents ONLY to: Bursaries@mqa.org.za.
Application forms sent to any other e-mail address at the MQA will not be considered.
Only e-mailed application forms will be considered.
Do not send Application forms by links such as Google Drive, OneDrive Adobe Cloud or ZIP files.
NB: Late and incomplete application forms will be disqualified
Scholarship opportunities such as NSFAS funding and SASSA r350 online application are also available for South African citizens.