Igembensabo Cooperative Union Limited is a cooperative union based in Bukene, Nzega District. The Union serves Primary Cooperative Societies (AMCOS) from Igunga and Nzega Districts in Tabora Region. The Union performs its activities in accordance with Cooperative Societies Act No. 6 of 2013 and its Regulations of 2015, accordingly the union is registered with registration No. 5484.
The main activity of the Union is promoting economic interests of members specifically on Cash Crop Farming, Marketing, Agricultural inputs Supplies, and all matters related to the welfare of its members.
Igembensabo Cooperative Union Limited New Job/Vacancies
The Board of Igembensabo Cooperative Union Ltd seeks to recruit a qualified and hardworking Tanzanian to fill the position of General Manager for the Union.
GENERAL MANAGER (1 Post)
NATURE AND SCOPE
The successful candidate will be the Chief Executive Officer of the Igembensabo Cooperative Union Ltd and will report to the Board of Directors. He/She will be responsible for providing dynamic leadership, vision and direction of the Union while ensuring an appropriate outreach and high-quality services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise daily operations of the Union;
- Plan and oversee implementation of the Union’s short, medium and long-term plans;
- Provide direction and leadership towards achievement of the Union’s Vision, Mission, and Strategic Objectives, Strategies and Deliverables;
- Ensure that the Union consistently presents strong and positive image to stakeholders and the general public;
- Advice and inform the Board on progress made in implementing operational activities of the Union;
- Co-ordinate matters pertaining to the administration of the Board’s affairs, Board appointments, meetings and all related issues as required by law;
- Responsible for approving payments of Union creditors and obtain actual payment receipts in accordance with approved standards;
- Prepare and manage operational budgets for the Union;
- Manage utilization of the Union’s resources within approved budget, guidelines, policies, laws and regulations;
- Coordinate and manage all Departments reporting to the General Manager;
- Ensure compliance to all relevant legislations, rules and regulations relating to a Cooperative Union;
- Make all communications on behalf of the Union;
- Keep custody of the working instruments of the Union (rules, regulations, policies etc) and make them available for perusal and review by members as it may be required;
- Ensure submission of quarterly/annual performance reports for the Board of Directors is timely and accurately done;
- Carry out any other duties assigned by the Board from time to time.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Cooperative Management, Agribusiness, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized University/Institution. Candidate with MASTERS Degree in field mentioned above will be added advantage.
- At least five (5) years working experience in a reputable institution with at least two (2) years in a senior position preferably in management of cooperatives;
- Excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational
- Strong written and communication skills in both English and Swahili languages with ability to write documentation in a concise and focused style;
- Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load;
- Self-motivated, hardworking and able to work independently without needing close supervision;
- Should have computer skills;
- Possession of a Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
Salary: He/She will be paid salary and benefits at the salary levels of lgembensabo Cooperative Union Limited (ICU Ltd).
General Terms and Conditions
Igembensabo Cooperative Union Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address shown below, by observing the following terms and Conditions:
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania;
- Applicants should have at least twenty-five and not more than fifty years old;
- Applicant must attach an up to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable applicant’s contacts, postal and e-mail address, reachable telephone numbers as well as particulars of at least three (3) referees (including academic or/ and from last/current employer;
- Must attach certified Copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and birth certificate/nationality ID;
- Applicant must attach current passport size picture
- A signed Application letter should be written in either Swahili or English showing how they meet the requirements of the position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
1.5 Closing date:
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 4.00 pm on Friday, 20 October, 2023.
Igembensabo Cooperative Union Limited
P.O BOX 05,
BUKENE-TANZANIA EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- TCRA Recruitment Digital Inclusion Expert Job/Vacancies
- Universal Postal Union Recruitment Digital Inclusion Expert job/Vacancies
- VodaBima Recruitment Sales Force Executive Job/Vacancies
- Jobs Opportunities at TANAPA 4 Posts